Monday, March 30, 2009

BBC News:
Incest accusations shock Colombia
A Colombian man has appeared in court accused of raping his daughter over many years and fathering several children with her.
Arcebio Alvarez, dubbed the "monster of Mariquita" by the local media, allegedly abused his daughter, now in her 30s, since she was nine years old.
The case has shocked Colombia, and the 59-year-old needed police and army protection for his court appearance.
Mr Alvarez denies incest and rape, saying his daughter was adopted.
"We agreed to have a romantic relationship because we really loved each other. But she was not my own child," he told the court in the central Tolima province.
Sometimes I would ask him [why we were doing it] and he would say it was God's will
Arcedio Alvarez's daughter
It is not clear whether his claim is true, or whether it would affect the charges he faces, but the woman says she always saw him as her father.
"I always respected him as my father and he is my father," she said.
"He never spoke about [incest], about why we were doing it. Sometimes I would ask him and he would say it was God's will."
The woman told police how her mother died when she was five years old, leaving her in the care of Mr Alvarez.
She says she was raped repeatedly and became pregnant 14 times. Eight of her children, aged between one and 19, survived.
The woman and her children are now under state protection.
Child welfare campaigners have called for a life sentence if he is convicted, saying there are hundreds of thousands of child sexual abuse cases in Colombia not being prosecuted.
The case has also prompted a movement to change Colombian law, says the BBC's Jeremy McDermott in Colombia, to ensure that those found guilty of raping children go to prison for life.
..........................................
I posted this article from BBC News because it gave a more in depth description on the story about the man raping his daughter that I previously posted. I am glad that the case has prompted a movement to change Colombian law when it comes to raping children. This is a sad story and I hope that justice is ultimately served.

4 comments:

  1. https://quivo.co/17855-conoce-los-gatos-gemelos-mas-hermosos-del-mundo.html Check on this website. You can find there different kinds of interesting articles and news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI GUYS! I have fond the intresting article about crazy teens which have tortured elementary school students with electrisity!!! I shocked guys!!! If u see this article, please u will tell me about ur opinion. It is very important to me.En colegio torturaban a sus hijos con descargas eléctricas, U can see this article there: https://quivo.co/30736-en-colegio-torturaban-sus-hijos-con-descargas-electricas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read on one site news. https://quivo.co/30894-los-amigos-de-este-chico-lo-violaron-en-grupo-y-difundieron-video.html I'm shocked, because they have children at all. Why did they become such monsters, the problem in education?

    ReplyDelete